Applications are invited by the Reserve Bank of India for Scholarship Scheme for Faculty Members from Academic Institutions. The scholarship scheme for faculty members aims at bringing on board scholars, who would be able to undertake and pursue critical projects successfully and thereby contribute to the Bank’s research universe. The Reserve Bank of India invites full time faculty members teaching economics or finance in any UGC-recognised institution in India to undertake short term research in the areas of monetary and financial economics, banking, real sector issues and other areas of interest to the Bank.
The broad objectives of the scheme are:
- To increase awareness about the activities of the Bank amongst faculty members and student community, and
- To provide exposure to faculty members teaching economics and/or finance in different areas/activities in the Bank.
The eligibility criteria for the scheme are as follows:
3. Schedule of the Scheme
- Full-time faculty teaching economics and/or finance in any UGC-recognised academic institution in India.
- Indian nationals.
- Age below 55 years.
- The completed applications should reach the Bank latest by 5th February 2010.
- Commencement of the scholarship scheme would be from May 2010.
4. Selection Procedure
The applicants need to send a research proposal of not more than 1000 words and detailed curriculum vitae along with the duly filled application form. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the research proposal and curriculum vitae. The shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed by a selection panel. The candidates found suitable would be invited to undertake research on the theme decided by the Bank.
The exact themes of research for the visiting faculty will be decided by the Reserve Bank of India.
6. Submission of Application
The application in hard copy may be forwarded to ‘The Director, Development Research Group, DEAP, Central Office, Reserve Bank of India, Fort, Mumbai 400 001’. The application should be sent along with detailed curriculum vitae and the research proposal.
The application can also be sent in a soft version by e-mail.
Any queries related to the scheme may also be addressed to the Director, Development Research Group, DEAP, Central Office, Reserve Bank of India, Fort, Mumbai 400 001. The queries may also be sent by e-mail.
7. Number of scholars
A maximum of five scholarships would be considered for one financial year. The Bank, at its discretion, may vary the number of scholarships for any year.
8. Duration of the Project
The length of each visit of the faculty could be flexible but will not normally be more than three months and/or be less than two months.
9. Location of the scheme
The scheme would be mainly operational at Central Office Departments of RBI, Mumbai. In certain cases, the Bank may ask the selected candidate to conduct research at select Regional Offices of RBI.
The main facilities that will be made available to the visiting faculty would be as follows:
- One economy class return-airfare from place of residence/work in India.
- Payment of monthly allowance of Rs.10,000*.
- In addition to the monthly remuneration, on completion of the Project/Research paper and on acceptance of the same by the Bank, payment of Rs.1 lakh as honorarium would be made.
- Office space, printing facility including paper, fax telephone, lounge facility and access to Library would be provided.
*Note: No accommodation or allowance for accommodation will be provided.
The selected faculty will have the following responsibilities:
- The visiting faculty would be required to submit a research paper/project report that contributes to the Bank’s research activities.
- The visiting faculty could be asked to share the research output through a seminar or a publication within the Bank.
- The visiting faculty would have the permission to publish it elsewhere outside the Bank with prior permission of the Bank in writing.