The Regional Director
Public Accounts Department
Reserve Bank of India
Tenderer’s RRC S.G.L. A/c.
No. with Securities. SG14_ _ _ _
A/c. No. with D.A.D. _____________
Tender for Fixed-Rate Overnight Reverse Repurchase Agreements (Reverse Repos) Auction
to be held on ___________ by Reserve Bank of India
I/We* the undersigned hereby submit tender as set out below for the purchase
of Government of India dated securities/eligible Treasury Bills from you on
___________________ with the undertaking that the same securities will be sold back
to you on __________________________.
Name of the tenderer &
Amount bid @ (in figures)
Rs. __________________ crore
Rupees _________________ crore
Reverse Repo Rate (per cent per annum) fixed by RBI
@Indicates the nominal amount offeredin Repo against securities.
On your acceptance of my/our* tender,
Terms and conditions
- I/We* agree and undertake to immediately accept the electronic confirmation advice
from your office and to deposit the requisite amount at Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai
in the manner and on the day/time indicated therein.
- I/We* also authorise the Reserve Bank of India to be our custodian, to hold the
securities purchased by us from Reserve Bank of India under the Reverse Repos, and
to transfer them by debiting/crediting my/our Current Account and Reverse Repo Constituents’
Accounts based on our application/bid form.
- I/We* agree the beneficial interest, viz., Coupon, if any, in respect of securities
transferred by Reserve Bank of India to us and held in the Reverse Repo Constituents’
SGL Account will rest with Reserve Bank of India.
- I/We* agree that the Reserve Bank of India shall not be held responsible for any
loss, damage or liability on account of acting as the Custodian of our securities.
I/We* also agree that I/We* shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Reserve Bank
of India at all times against any loss, damage or liability whatsoever arising out
of acting as Custodian of our securities as above.
- I/We* have also submitted another bid(s)/not submitted any other bids* for the auction.
I/We* have read the terms and conditions for the auction and undertake to abide
- Signature of official (s) authorised to operate on SGL/Current Account ___________________________
- Name ___________________________
- Designation ____________________________
- Office stamp of the tenderer ___________________________
*: Strike out whichever is not applicable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR REVERSE REPO AUCTIONS
1. Auctions for fixed-rate Overnight Reverse Repo will be conducted by RBI at Mumbai
on all working days except Saturdays.
2. All transferable Government of India dated securities and Treasury Bills that
are eligible for SLR will be the eligible securities for Reverse Repo auctions.
3. Bids will be submitted for a minimum amount of Rs.5 crore and in multiples of
Rs.5 crore thereafter.
4. All Scheduled Commercial Banks (excluding RRBs) and Primary Dealers (PDs) maintaining
SGL and Current accounts with RBI at Mumbai will be eligible to participate in the
Reverse Repo auctions.
5. The bids will be submitted electronically in the Negotiated Dealing System (NDS).
Members of NDS facing genuine systems problem on any specific day may submit physical
bids in sealed cover superscribed "Overnight Reverse Repo Auction"
box provided in Mumbai Office, Reserve Bank of India, by 10.30 A.M. In case of inability
to submit physical bid by 10.30 A.M. in the bid box, intention to submit physical
bid indicating the bid amount must be communicated to theManager, Securities Section
Public Accounts Department (PAD), Mumbai Office by fax before
10.30 A.M. and
the bid in a sealed cover must be delivered to the Securities Section, PAD by 11.00
A.M. If such physical bids are not received by 11.00 A.M. the Fax request received
will be ignored. It may be noted that the facility of fax communication on intention
to submit the physical bid should not be used to circumvent the time discipline.
6. NDS provides for submission of single or multiple bids. However, members are
advised that as far as possible they should submit only one bid. In case of physical
submission of multiple bids, separate tender form should be submitted for each bid.
7. The Reverse Repo rate will be fixed by RBI from time to time.
8. The Reverse Repo will be conducted as ‘Hold-in-Custody’ type. A constituents’
SGL Account called "Reverse Repo Constituents’ (RRC) SGL Account" will be
opened with Reserve Bank of India as a custodial account. Securities will be held
by RBI on behalf of the participants in this account in case of all Reverse Repo
operations. RBI would hold Government Securities delivered by it under Reverse Repo
in the RRC SGL Account on behalf of the counter parties during the reverse repo
9. For the purpose of Hold-in-Custody Reverse Repos, the tenderers will have to
authorise RBI to transfer securities to/from RRC SGL accounts based on their application/bid
form. They will also have to authorise RBI to debit/credit their current accounts
and for transferring coupon payments during the reverse repo period, if any, to
RBI. Accrued interest on the security will be ignored for the pricing of the security.
Coupon, if any, will be transferred to the RBI in the case of Reverse Repos.
10. There will be margins for the Government of India dated securities and eligible
Treasury Bills and the amount of securities transferred to RRC SGL A/C of successful
tenderer will be Rs.105 in terms of face value, per Rs. 100 of reverse repo amount.
11. The successful tenderer’s Current Account with RBI will be debited as
per the current procedure under Reverse Repo facility. Securities will be credited
into the tenderer’s RRC SGL Account simultaneously. On the date of reversal,
the tenderer’s RRC SGL Account will be debited and Current Account credited
with the reverse repo amount and interest earned. For instance, in a Reverse Repo
auction where bid amount accepted is Rs.420 crore at a rate of 4.75 per cent the
calculations of amount of cash outflow in the first leg and amount of cash inflow
in the second leg (with interest) will be as under.
Leg 1: Tenderer’s Current Account Dr. Rs. 420 Cr.
Tenderer’s RRC SGL Account Cr. Rs. 441 Cr = (Amt.of bid * 105) /100
Leg 2: Tenderer’s RRC SGL Account Dr. Rs. 441 Cr
Tenderer’s Current Account Cr. Rs 420,05,46,575 = (Amt. of bid + Interest
for 1 day at 4.75%)
12. Securities held by RBI on behalf of banks in the RRC SGL Account will be counted
for SLR purposes.RRC SGL Accounts will be available on line for members. Since participants
can take a printout of the balance in their accounts from the system, Securities
Section, PAD will discontinue the practice of furnishing daily balance certificate
13. The settlement of transactions in the auction will take place on the same day
of the auction. But for intervening holidays, the Reverse Repo auctions will be
for one day except on Fridays when the auction will be for three days or more, maturing
on the following working day.
14. The results of the auction will be announced through the Press Relations Division
by 12.00 noon and the same would also be available at Mumbai Office, RBI, Main Building,
Fort, Mumbai 400 001.
15. The results will also be communicated to the individual tenderers in the auction
through NDS. In case results are not available through NDS for any reason, tenderer
should check for the result of the auction from Securities Section, PAD, RBI, Fort,
Mumbai 400 001 and make available funds in the current account for settlement.
16. It will be binding on the successful bidders to deliver the amount allotted
in the auction. If the successful bidders do not honour the allotment, they will
be subject to penal action to the extent of debarring from participating in the
auctions for a period of one year.
17. The Reserve Bank reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the tenders
wholly or partially, if deemed fit, without assigning any reason.
18. The Reserve Bank shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or liability
on account of acting as the custodian on behalf of the participants.