RBI's Core Purpose, Values and Vision
To foster monetary and financial stability conducive to sustainable economic growth
and to ensure the development of an efficient and inclusive financial system.
The Core Purpose reflects the Reserve Bank’s commitment to the Nation:
- To foster confidence in the internal and external value of the rupee, and contribute
to macro-economic stability;
- To regulate markets and institutions under its ambit to ensure financial system
stability and consumer protection;
- To promote the integrity, efficiency, inclusiveness and competitiveness of the financial
and payments system;
- To ensure efficient management of currency as well as banking services to the Government
and banks; and
- To support the balanced, equitable and sustainable economic development of the country.
The Reserve Bank of India commits itself to the following shared values that guide
organisational decisions and employee actions in pursuit of the Bank’s core purpose:
- Public interest
The Reserve Bank of India, in its actions and policies, seeks to promote the public
interest and the common good.
- Integrity and Independence of Views
The Reserve Bank of India seeks to maintain the highest standards of integrity and
independence of views through openness, trust and accountability.
- Responsiveness and Innovation
The Reserve Bank of India seeks to be a dynamic organisation responsive to public
needs and encourages innovation and a spirit of enquiry.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
The Reserve Bank of India cherishes and supports diversity and inclusiveness.
- Introspection and Pursuit of Excellence
The Reserve Bank of India is committed to self-appraisal, introspection and professional
The Reserve Bank of India is committed to pursue the public interest and common
good as a leading central bank that is recognised for its credible, transparent
and proactive policies.